- Western Highway. Save the trees – yes! “Alternative,” damaging route – no!
- VicRoads’ continued war on trees: 90 Endangered Strzelecki Gums lined up
- Melbourne Metro Rail Project to inflict considerable damage to St Kilda Rd and the Domain Parklands
- SaveRoadsideTrees.com brought to public attention!
- 100 year old Lemon Scented Gum being removed on Flemington Rd, Melbourne
Join 14 other followers
Louise Costa on Western Highway. Save the tree… macinverts on Western Highway. Save the tree… Judy Cameron on Western Highway. Save the tree… Michelle Bennett on VicRoads’ continued war… Angie Gallagher on Melbourne Metro Rail Project t…
Tag Archives: Princes Hwy Gippsland
VicRoads has been cutting down thousands of large trees on the Princes Highway and nearby roads in Gippsland , citing “Safety.” Again, safety is important but it must be remembered that we share the planet with other species, and that we … Continue reading
VicRoads said that many “locations between Traralgon and Longwarry in Gippsland involved the ‘complete removal’ of all trees within median strips between traffic lanes.” From http://www.latrobevalleyexpress.com.au/story/219410/roadside-hazards-cut/ Quotes from the article, now becoming all-too-familiar around Victoria. Something must be done to rein in VicRoads’ … Continue reading