VicRoads seem intent on removing the character of beautiful country roads, these days preferring to refer to trees using the engineered term “roadside obstacles.” Between 35 and 100 roadside trees which are mainly Yellow and Red Gums are in the firing line along the scenic route from Ararat to the Grampians. If safety is really the issue, why can’t VicRoads specify more sensible speed limits on picturesque country roads, rather than a full assault on the environment?
- Western Highway. Save the trees – yes! “Alternative,” damaging route – no!
- VicRoads’ continued war on trees: 90 Endangered Strzelecki Gums lined up
- Melbourne Metro Rail Project to inflict considerable damage to St Kilda Rd and the Domain Parklands
- SaveRoadsideTrees.com brought to public attention!
- 100 year old Lemon Scented Gum being removed on Flemington Rd, Melbourne
Louise Costa on Western Highway. Save the tree… macinverts on Western Highway. Save the tree… Judy Cameron on Western Highway. Save the tree… Michelle Bennett on VicRoads’ continued war… Angie Gallagher on Melbourne Metro Rail Project t…